Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Google Plus- Fight of the Decade

I'm not great admirer of social networks. Personally, there is no added value to me except knowing who has on vacation and who has purchased new Car. However, I love to see some information about my links but I was so uncomfortable to leave  comments and message, because I don't know where it ends up. The second most annoying thing is when I'm getting   unwanted feeds. The system is not intelligent to understand my interests. Google + has solved the problems by providing Circles. I feel social networks will be relevant until these simulate the real social networking. Earlier, I avoided mixing my MBA colleagues with my relatives and friends but on Google plus I created separate Circle called "Babson". I really liked the feature.  And I hope there are millions like me who see the dire need of some privacy. Similar categorization is needed in the Twitter.

I'm sure Google plus will  corner considerable share. I see from business perceptive that nothing is undefeatable as initially people think about Facebook. Second lesson is that organizations should have the finger on the pulse of people, because this problem was existing for while and Facebook, being a leader simply ignored it.

It is not that Google is innovative so it wins against anything ,  but DNA of Google fosters  innovation which  is the core of it. On the other hand Facebook's DNA is  different as Mark is accused of stealing the idea and even code so if it is true then I feel Facebook struck in this juncture where at the fight of "decade" only innovator will win.We can draw the example from Microsoft and Apple and who is winning at last, the innovator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment